WHEN WOULD BE A GREAT TIME TO PUT A BABY/TODLER INTO A TODLER BED?

I HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD AND AM READY TO PUT HER IN A REAL BED. SHE DID A FRONT FLIP OVER THE BARS TODAY AND THAT WAS MY SIGN. I FIGURE IF SHE IS IN A TODLERS' BED THEN THE FALL WON'T BE AS FAR AND HURTFULL TOWARDS HER. SHE HAS NEVER FELL OFF OF ANYTHING BEFORE SO SHE WAS SCARED TO DEATH. AND/OR ANY RECOMENDS ON THE BED TYPES?

BUSYMOMWNOCAPE

Asked by BUSYMOMWNOCAPE at 7:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would go ahead and put her in a toddler bed. My son's been in one since he was her age and i haven't had any trouble with him ever since. My son's toddler bed is a plastic one my brothers got him last Christmas that has cars on it. My daughter who is 11 months old loves to climb in a out of it. Before he got that bed he was in a metal toddler bed but i think i like the plastic on better the only down fall from it is that now he's three and pushes his bed all over his room. Good luck hope i have helped you.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i think when the child doesnt roll in his/her sleep like i put my son in one when he was 1yr old. his bed changed into one. but my daughter is 10m and i dont think i will put her in one that early because when i go in to get her she is laying up agaist the side of her crib i would be affraid she would fall off even with the rails. but i think they shold be in a toddler bed of a twin bed by the time they are 2yrs old.
    Anonymous

• I was just going to say that when they can climb out of the crib, or they start throwing their little legs up onto the rails then it's time to get them out.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• yeah that too cause you dont want the child to fall out either that would be worse.
    Anonymous

• I dunno much about this because my son is almost 2 and he sleeps in the bed with us but however when he was about one we tried the crib thing and he leaped out in the middle of the night and found our bed and by 3:00 that morning when we realized it and we tried to put him back in his crib and he did again, I came to the conclusion that I would much rather him sleep in the bed with us than for him to climb out one night trying to find us and fall out or get his leg or arm stuck in the rails and break it. I would definitley recommed that you get a toddler bed and try it but keep in mind when she is in the toddler bed she can get in and out. So I would recommed major childproofing your house because while your sleeping she's probably gonna find things to get into.
    neverwrong8682

Answer by neverwrong8682 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2008