Not a question....

Police say father of 3 missing Michigan boys admitted he killed them

MORENCI, Michigan -- The father of three missing Michigan boys, who attempted to kill himself last week and was arrested Tuesday upon his release from a mental hospital, has now admitted to killing them.

During a press conference on Tuesday authorities said they do not "anticipate a positive outcome" in the case after days of searching and based on what the children's father said.

Authorities and volunteers, however, continue searching for the three missing brothers from Morenci, Michigan, though hope is fading.

Andrew Skelton, 9, Alexander Skelton, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5, were last seen on Thursday and were reported missing Friday when they did were not returned to their mother as scheduled.

The children's father, John Skelton, initially said he did not want his children around when he tried to kill himself. He claimed to have turned them over to a woman he hardly knew, Joann Taylor, asking her to return the boys to their mother in Morenci, Michigan.

He's not changed his story and police do not believe a relationship existed between Skelton and Taylor.

John Skelton has admitted to FBI profilers that he killed his sons. No further details were released regarding the admission.

Skelton, 39, was unsuccessful in his attempt to hang himself.

Police have been engaging in conversations with Skelton regarding where his sons may be located and he has been forthcoming with some information.

Those conversations led investigators to grim expectations, according to Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks. No details or specifics were provided but Weeks said statement made by Skelton to investigators are what indicated to them there would not be a positive outcome to this case.

According to Weeks, no decision has yet been made about the charges being sought against Skelton.

The boys' mother and family were notified that authorities are not optimistic about the case.

When asked how the family is reacting to the news, Weeks said, "Imagine your worst nightmare. How would you respond?"

Searchers will continue to look for the missing brothers.

Crews searched areas of Williams County on Monday, including a campground where authorities believed Skelton may have taken the boys in the past.

Searchers set up a command center in Pioneer with searches extending to West Unity, Kunkle, and Holiday City.

This makes me sick =( What is going on with parents?

TARARENEE

Asked by TARARENEE at 10:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Makes me want to vommit!
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 10:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• True, every mothers worst nightmare.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• There is a special place in Hell for people like this.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 11:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• How sad. I hope they recover the bodies before they let him kill himself.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:10 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• :( it is what I figured but hoped I was wrong.Hope they recover the remains soon so that those boys canhav a proper burial.Their pos so called father needs to suffer.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It's just so sad. I can't even fathom what could make a parent do such a thing.
    TARARENEE

Comment by TARARENEE (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Those poor boys were screwed no matter what. They had a sex offender for a mom and a father who was so selfish he probably killed them. It reminds of of Cayley Anthony a bit the little girl was doomed by her insane family no matter what.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• OMg, if that were me and I found out he admitted to killing them... I'd be at the police station all over his ass and would kill him myself after he told me where their little bodies were. :( Screw going to jail.... I wouldn't give a fuck if my babies are gone.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:36 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Pretty disgusting...,.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• One of those cases where I wish one had to have a license to reproduce.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2010