This may be a dumb question? Trolls?

So at least once a day I see the mention of trolls on here. Im pretty sure I get the general idea, but does someone want to explain its full meaning to me?

bellsandheels

Asked by bellsandheels at 10:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Bogus questions that are looking for a reaction, a response.... people trolling around looking for attention or to start a fight etc. Not really a person looking for advice or a conversation... essentially they are perverts and idiots etc.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Okay, here goes: The word troll was invented to explain the definition of people who set up an account just to post things to stir up the pot, so to speak. It can be fun, but it can be bothersome as well. They like to see people get worked up over things. Or, it can be someone who is posting items just to seek information about something without having to do their own research. We call them top water trolls. On Cafemom, lately I have seen another type of troll- one who posts questions anonymously or through another name just so they can advertise their job referral link. It's been happening quite frequently in the Money and Work section. Those are the types that post a question that they can immediately answer using their own referral link or business so they get advertisement.

Hope that helps.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2010