What to do about fever?

My son is running a temp. of 101.8 What should i do? I have given him tylenol 30mins ago. What do I do?

MommyTessier

Asked by MommyTessier at 7:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh he is 7 months.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 7:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• The tylenol should do the trick. If not try a luke warm bath. If nothing else a fever of 101.8 is not to bad. You don't want to see it any higher that 103. If you are really worried your Ped should have an answering service and some ins companies do to. Check yours out to see.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• But Mommie said everything I was going to!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• okay we are on high alert when our now 2 year old get a fever cause he has had a couple of seizures due to them....they told me that you can use both tylenol and ibprofien for fevers. Tylenol is every 4-6 hours and ibp. is every 6-8. And to start out you can give them both at the same time. So say that you just gave the tylenol it would be safe to do the ibp. then wait 4 hours and do the tylenol again. and then at 6 hours do the ibp again. eventually they will come together at the same time again....you can check with your dr but that is how mine told me to do my son.

also the lukewarm bath is a good idea or maybe some juice or ice pops. i dont know if you have given juice yet but watered down juice pops might help. my son is now old enough that he has popcicles thats why i mentioned the ice pops. Also make sure you dont snuggle as much as you want to a sick baby...no layers!!!

Good luck. i hope some of this helps.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2008