I heard that parents take there children to an academy to get them pre-k ready what do you guys think about that?

mgonzalez1989

Asked by mgonzalez1989 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it's insane to take children to Pre-K, so a Pre-Pre-K is just mind blowing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think, like so many distractions in the modern world, it is a symptom of worrying about completely the wrong things...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• An academy like what? I have never heard of this.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think I don't have money for that, and my kids will live.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it's stupid and a waste of money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My children go to a daycare where they are prepared for school and where my oldest currently attends Pre-K and my younger children will also. :)

I think it is a great idea as it prepares the child mentally and intellectually for schooling. And I think it is MUCH better than just dropping them in school one day and expecting them to know what's going on, to do well and not to have school problems (not nderstanding to share, pay attention, read, write, etc).

Put it this way. My daughter and her cousin are 4 months apart in age. She is going to Pre-K this year (her birthday falls after the allowed date to start school this year) and he started Kindergarden. He gets into bad trouble daily for not standing in lines, not staying seated in class, talking over the teacher, etc. And he doesn't know everything he should have upon admittance. My daughter does and will.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Now maybe I didn't understand the original question also.... because I wouldn't pay for a
    Pre-Pre-K class.... no. But what they learn at daycare is covered in the cost, so I don't mind that. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It sounds like a waste of money and time. Pretentious too.
    My kids went to kindergareten first. They all have college degrees---one has an MBA---they were good students without going to "an academy".
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Eh, like everything else in our lives, that's just rushing the inevitable. I think Kindergarten is enough for the child. So, you need to train a young child how to go to Kindergarten. Ugh... let them be little kids while they still can. As Memigen mentioned, yes, that might happen, but that's just normal for Kindergarten. Having a small child get in trouble because he cannot stand in a line or stay seated, well, then it's time to find a new teacher, because as a K Teacher, that is their job to prepare the child for future schooling. Sorry, waste of time and waste of the child's childhood.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• well I don't improve of it either some one i know take there child to a pre pre-k class and he is only about 18 months i think people dont have the patience to teach there children so they rather take them to a pre pre k class. I just wanted to know you alls imput. thanks
    mgonzalez1989

Comment by mgonzalez1989 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2010