I'm showing my age here but does anyone remember the old Atari game system? Or still have one?

I still remember when my parents brought home the first one we ever had. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. My mom gave me one years ago. Not the first one they got but one of the last ones before they stopped making them. She gave it and the game cartridges to me. It still works.

Anyone else old enough to remember Atari?

wildflowers25

Asked by wildflowers25 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh yes, not only do I remember it, but I was 17 the year it came out, and I worked at JCPenney in the electronic games department. My name is Tari (pronounced like Terri) and everyone started calling me "Atari"!! Drove me nuts for years!!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I not only still have one, but it still works and we still use it...

We still have & play the original Nintendo too...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was babysitting when these came out... our first game system at home was Pong.

Now, there was a fun-filled variety of games!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• LoL! Im only 23 but I remember Atari. It was and still is one of my favorite systems. We just recently sold ours for extra cash.
    I Love it though
    ModernMommie

Answer by ModernMommie at 11:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was little when they came out with these but I have never seen one.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes, I remember Atari. We had one of the early ones when I was a kid, but the games were expensive & we didn't have many of them to play. My mom also wouldn't let us play it much and eventually she got rid of it. I miss that thing sometimes, but DH & I have an original 8-bit Nintendo that we love & play.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Wow I remember getting that for Christmas. I was 12, now I am showing my age. It was the best. Now it is just part of a nostalgic part of video games.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I remember it! I loved Joust - it was my favorite game. We still have the Atari in our basement, but never tried hooking it up!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I remember that. I loved the pac-man. I played that so long one time not getting killed it started over again. Can't remember the score when it flipped. I still go online today and play it. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Still have it, still play it. I also still have my Nintendo, and i play that too.

I can't play games on any of the new systems...i could barely do Sega. There is too much going on and i can barely see my guy. KWIM?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2010