Anyone feel sorry for McCain?

McCain has tried for years to get into the presidency and although he might outlive us all and try again in 2012- in his concession speech he said that he alone was to blame. I feel really sorry that he thinks HE is to blame because HE is not alone in the blame. It was his CHOICE for VP that REALLY cost him the election. Anyone else feeling sorry for McCain right now? I think he is in general a good man, but I HATE to see him take all the responsibility.

I'm an Obama Mama, but I'm sure you didn't know- I wanted McCain to run for president in 2004 because I would have campaigned for him!

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 7:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• umm let me think....no
    Anonymous

• I always feel a little bad for losing candidates whether it is the presidential election or local politics. People really put themselves out there, get a ton of criticism, spend a lot of money, and invest their time and energy into their campaigns. Its got to be one hell of a disappointment.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No I do not feel sorry for him. He will have a wonderful life outside of the Presidency, Obama can deal with all the bullshit now and see if he really has what it takes. He can't vote present anymore. I hope he at least shows up for work.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Voted McCain.

I do because he is such a good politician and such a great man, he worked very hard to get where he is. I feel he was the best choice but he was just unable to get through to the majority. I feel sorry for him because I think he does believe that he failed. Who wouldn't? He was right there and could see the peak but fell just short.

I do not at the same time because I know that he had to know that it was a possibility after all someone has to loose.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No I don't feel sorry for him he has served his country well and he wasn't doing this for himself he was doing this for his country. Why would there be any other reason at his age. I love Sara Palin and I admire her and respect her if her face would've been in the living rooms for 2 years I think others would've treasured her service as well. That's OK McCain did her a favor, now stand up Palin and go on about your duties, there are some of us that appreciate your service and know you have what it takes. I'd get out and campaign for her I'm positive she's going to implement good change where she's going. Hopefully we'll see her in 2012.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 8:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I love McCain and Sarah helped him get back the conservative base. He will continue to serve this great country with style and dignity.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I feel extremely sad that McCain did not win. I feel that the free enterprise needs to be protected. Afterall, this country was founded on the free market. I just feel that we have lost touch to who we are as a nation. A lack of responsibility on both the merchant and the consumer. We need to value what we have (had), 200 years to build it. Let's not let this country fold in on itself because of socialism.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No, I feel sorry for you because you will never know what a great leader for the US he would have been. He will lead his state and have a nice comfortable retirement in one of the several houses he owns.
    I do however feel sorry for Obama since he is surrounded by nut jobs looking after their own interests, he will be judged harshly by those that were so quick to embrace him. I also feel sorry for Biden, because he tried to warn you all about the pending international crisis of which your candidate isn't prepared to handle. He said it himself, and as he requested, I will always remember he said it.
    Anonymous

• I do not feel sorry for John McCain. I am sorry that he didn't win, however. I think he loves this country very much. He has devoted his life to the service of our country in one form or another. He knew the 50 / 50 chance of winning or losing when he began. I think he will continue to serve our nation as long as he can. He is an admirable man who was gracious to the end.

I am sorry for us that Obama won. Free Enterprise is at risk. Obama promises to work across Party lines and work for the good of people. Hopefully he will listen to someone who will be willing to tell him that his tax plan will only hurt our nation. I want him to prove to me that he isn't as bad for our nation as I think he is.
    Allysmom95

Answer by Allysmom95 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Of course not. He's a noble and honorable man who's served this country and pledged to continue doing so last night. He accepted his defeat with total grace and humbleness, and I was incredibly proud of him.

I don't think Palin cost him the election. What was he going to do about his VP pick? If he'd gone with Lieberman, he'd have alienated the conservative base. If he'd gone with Tim Pawlenty (Gov. of MN, who I would have looooooved to see him run with) he'd have captured the midwest in some aspects. However, he and Pawlenty disagree on some fundamental issues regarding energy and other areas that would have been tough to overcome. Several other choices would have eliminated that conservative support as well.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 8:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2008