• In the Spotlight:

going into labor- let's get a count of when it happened for you

I have two questions: 1st question is I am leaking colustrum now at 33 weeks and 3 days and have been for about 2 weeks or longer. Is this norml so early?Will I continue to produce this until the baby comes no matter how much I leak out?

2nd question: I am just curious as to when all of you girls went into labor.? Like what week you were in, how long did it last, was it horrible, etc? Just anyting like that, and if you have any advice I'd love to hear it! I am just starting to get really excited about it all!!

Newbeemom224

Asked by Newbeemom224 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes its normal for it to leak. i would wake up with a ring around were my boobs were even if i used a pad.

With the first my water broke at 34wk 4days went through63hrs of labor with no meds and it ended in a c-sec at exactly 35wks. He was in the nicu for 2wks. He was 6lbs 5ozs.
    With my second 17m later I went in to labor on christmas day around 5pm and went to the hopsital at12am had her at 3:04 pm via c-sec. She was 8lbs 3oz No pain meds that time either
    Anonymous

• Oh sorry advice dont panic. Everything will happen when it is suppose to happen. You will do great. You never know what is going to happen until it does.
    Anonymous

• giving birth is not going to be fun, just relax and breath every birth is different it can be fast
    or long it all depends but nothing to be scared of it is part of nature.I must be crazy i am about
    to have number five.
    jeadra

Answer by jeadra at 7:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i dont think that labor should be considered "horrible". it WILL be painful... but one thing to consider is that every woman has a different tolerance for pain. my water broke at 36 wk and 6 days. i was in labor for 20 hrs. and i pushed for 50 mins.

some advice: get lots of rest... if possible, make a birth plan, have your bag packed... and take it with you EVERYWHERE, take lots of yummy snacks.. for you and your S0, take camera charger or xtra batteries, dont be afraid to help!
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 8:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I was 41 weeks and one day. My water broke on a Sunday and had him on a Wednesday. Yep, days and days of natural labor fun (sarcasim). Stay hydrated, get as much sleep as possible and have someone you love there. Looking back, it wasn't as bad as some people say it is.I did it all natural and don't regret it.
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 8:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008