Stain removal

My daughter got lipstick on one of her shirts and I can't seem to get the stain out. Nothing I have tried has worked. Any suggestions?

ballewal

Asked by ballewal at 12:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Being that lipstick is an oil-based product, Goop grease remover tends to work well. I have used it for this. I just used an old toothbrush to work with the Goop. Don't dry it after treating and washing. Check for residual first. If there is residual, repeat the Goop and toothbrush method, if there is still residual, Pine-Sol works wonders at getting out the lighter residue.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Try baby wipes
    smiles551

Answer by smiles551 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I use simple green. It is in the with the automotive supplies. I grew up with my mom using it and I still do. There has not been many stains it hasn't got out.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• goo-gone it removes candle wax, crayons,wine,gum etc
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Dawn dish soap. Apply a little, rub it in & wash.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Dawn dish soap should work. It cuts through grease like you wouldn't believe. It's the same soap folks use on the animals whenever there's an oil spill.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010