what do u think?

last night my bf was messing around and had a bowl of green beans and was trying to get me to eat them , then he grabbed the back of my head and stuck the bowl to my mouth and started trying to dump them in my mouth and i did nt want them , i kept telling him stop stop then i started yelling then finally cussing and he just wouldnt let go of my head so then after struggling with him for like 3 minutes i slapped him in the face and then he got mad and threw the bowl of green beans and they hit the wall and splattered all over my bed and end table, he said i was over reacting and it was just a joke. i told him he need s to respect my boundaries and when i tell him to stop he needs to stop. what would you have done and do u think i reacted in the wrong way?

bekkaboo89

Asked by bekkaboo89 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• i would have done the same thing.
    mommyof2bbys

Answer by mommyof2bbys at 12:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Slapping him was stupid. So you plan to physically abuse him?
    You guys need to set boundaries as far as what is considered playful and come up with a safe word. The next time he's going over board just scream the word "GREEN BEANS!" That way he'll know to stop so he doesn't get slapped again.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Both of you need to grow up. He needs to respect your boundaries and you need to learn not to be abusive. If the situation was reversed every woman here would be screaming "get out now" "he's abusive".
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think the whole situation seems stupid. He should have stopped, you shouldn't have slapped him, and he shouldn't be throwing things in anger. That being said, if I honestly felt scared, I would use any means necessary to get myself out of the situation. Were you actually scared of the situation or just mad that he wouldn't stop?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well.. you both should already know to respect each others boundaries. But if my boyfriend is controlling and grabbing my head like that, I would have done the same thing.
    mommy2zayden

Answer by mommy2zayden at 12:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think the situation was actually the BF's fault to begin with...grabbing your head and FORCING something down your throat indicates a serious issue with him...even after telling him to STOP which is NO in my book...you did what you had to to stop the "violence" he was putting on you. Fuck everyone with the whole you shouldn't of slapped him BULLSHIT! He was the instigator, he was in the wrong to begin with. I would never see him again for fear of what else he is capable of doing!

Anonymous

• What he did was essentially assault. What you did would be self defense. Anyone that you need to defend yourself from is someone you should not be anywhere near. DUMP HIM. He's gone from your life effective IMMEDIATELY. And iof he tries again to tell you that it was a joke, tell him you have NO sense of humor and if he wants laughs he should go to the Comedy Store.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• no you didnt react the wrong way,you did what you had to...he is the idiot that wouldnt stop.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• surrenderhe sounds psycho imo. he was wrong forcing the bowl into your mouth then he threw the bowl of beans which splattered all over !? i see trouble in your future. i would get out if i was in that situation.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010