How many of you are considering leaving CafeMom?

I know I am -- over the non-stop hatred and bickering. I am relatively new here and I'm not sure I want to stay. Seriously, post anonymously if you wish, but how many of you have at least entertained the idea of canceling your account?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Don't leave! I joined not long ago and I really would love to see more positive, happy, people here. I think people from all walks of life gather here and we just need to avoid the negative ones. I just press the NEXT button on the ill-willed questions & answers and I report anything inappropriate so it gets deleted. I'm sorry if you were offended by anyone!

I thought I'd give the site a chance for another month and see if I find intelligent conversation out there -we'll see. It would be nice if we had a rating system so we could rate the groups. Or even a Mood rating would be cool - it would vary daily - stay away from PMS rating LOL
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 8:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have dropped groups for that reason. I don't like all the drama. Now I join fun groups.
    eds6619

Answer by eds6619 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No, i just drop the groups with fake drama bitches/cliques and stay in more friendly atmospheres.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 7:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• oh my that's so funny, i am the OP -- Avon, your suggestion is so cool, let's write cafe mom about the rating system!
    Anonymous

• I've taken a vacation from the site before...I've dropped the groups that had the drama...I've just gone onto the next question/journal/etc. I'm now in groups that I really enjoy and I'm much happier on here.

I like the idea of a rating system, too.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Hi,

If you see something you think violates our Community Guidelines, please report it by clicking on the 'Contact Us' link at the very bottom of the page. You can also report posts on the group by clicking on 'report this post/reply' at the bottom of a post.

^The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 9:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Don't judge the whole site based on "Answers". There are a bazillion groups, and there will be at least one or two of them that are the way you like it. Ask for recommendations (not from me, though. I like the bitchy groups! lol) and I bet people would be happy to point you in the right direction!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 9:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Not really, but then I'm the type of person who doesn't walk away when things get tough. It would take an aweful lot to make me leave. I tend to be fairly calm most of the time and don't assume that people's outbursts are a representation of who they really are.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2008