hiding in the fridge

Any of you catch yourself trying to hide things in there? I made a big chicken salad yesterday. That was my plan for lunch for a few days. Dh came in yesterday and ate it for a snack. WTH!

arenad

Asked by arenad at 12:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If I want to hide something in the fridge, I tuck it in the crisper under a bag of carrots and the peppers. No one will touch that drawer!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 1:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You bet I do!! I used to just put things in there all nice- like out in the open and not hide anything , but after having many good 'nibbles' eaten up by selfish hubs or kids I have started to portion out and 'hide' some of the things -- that way I might have a chance to get some of it. Otherwise they'd take it not share and I'd be out of luck... .again.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My husband is the worst. Anything new & yummy will be sniffed out by him. The only item I successfully hid was macadamia nuts. He didn't find those since I put them up in my bake ware in the cupboard. He doesn't go up in there at all.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yup.
    mommyof2bbys

Answer by mommyof2bbys at 12:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• my DH when hungry becomes a jackass. He'll eat things for next nights dinner, the kids lunches, school snacks, etc.

In fact this very morning he finished the milk without asking if the kids would need any for lunch. BOO.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No. DH isn't fond of leftovers, so will rarely eat them. Even if something isn't technically a leftover, he won't eat it without checking with me first to make sure.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Only if certian people are coming to my house. I don't really eat leftover so my hubs gets free reign over them for the most part. We both ahve different snacks mostly and if I want something for me I just tell him and he'll usually leave it be.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• lol no i dont need 2 do that,dh always asks first
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010