cleanse/detox?

anyone know a good way to purify ur body and get all the toxins out? i know lots of water helps but i just wonder what else has worked for others. please keep in mind that i breastfeed.

Ambreelulu

Asked by Ambreelulu at 7:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Health

• Yes, best to wait to detox when you are finished breastfeeding. Lemon in water is a really good way to get your lymph system going though =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 8:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• There are teas from Alvita that are awesome. The company even helps protect the Earth.

I wrote a blog about body detox and which teas trigger which area if you want to read it. 

http://lornavega.webs.com/amandasblog.htm?blogentryid=3155624

Amanda

mom2hanna

Answer by mom2hanna at 7:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• oh shoot... i don't drink tea. that is a way good suggestion tho!
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 7:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I just read this statement from a Dr. online:
    "I typically advise moms not to do a stringent detox during breastfeeding (and pregnancy) because the toxins will excrete into the milk. The best time to detox is before pregnancy and after breast feeding."
    You might want to consult w/ your Dr.
    :)
    mom2hanna

Answer by mom2hanna at 8:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• ya i'm basically trying to get my metabolism to kick back up to where it was. i've heard cleansing can get it going better and gives more energy. i'm exhausted by 6pm so i drag the rest of the night.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My SIL swears by this one where you drink water with lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne for 7-10 days. She said she had more energy than ever in her life.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 9:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Drink water~ You can't beat it & even cranberry juice. Your bladder will thank you!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Dr. Natura is good for a detox/ colon cleanse. Check out their website, although I have to warn you, they have lots of gross pictures on there.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008