How do you cope with stress?

kewi86

Asked by kewi86 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Health

• This probably isn't the most healthy method. but I tend to try and ignore it. When overwhelming thoughts take over I push them aside and move on. That wouldn't be my advice, but you asked how I cope and that's what I do. For things I can't ignore, I try to talk it out. Talking puts things in perspective for me and makes my problems sound a lot less intense than they seem in my head.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I am a stage III colon cancer survivor. So, I have learned how to control my stress (for the most part). First, I pick my battles. Is the stress a "real" issue worth stressing over? If not, I let it go. If it is unavoidable stress, which we all have, I analyze it and deal with it a bit at a time. I have also incorporated deep breathing techniques into my handling of stress. 3 really good deep breaths in and out does wonders to get oxygen to your brain and helps you think more clearly. At the end of the day, my evening ritual is a nice hot bath and a chapter of a good book before I go to bed.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• With children? When I am loosing patience, I say the age of my child out loud for a reminder that they are little. I read that somewhere.
    With husbands? Acknowledge their feelings and agree with the feelings.
    Work? I say things like...."I like this way." or "Its ok." instead of "No not this way..." KWIM?
    EVERYBODY HAS STRESS!!!! GL!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• pick and chose your battles, just remember that sometings are not worth being stressed over works for me, as I am fighting breast cancer and don't have the engery to waaste on small things.
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 1:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010