Should I still be bleeding heavy at 6 weeks postpartum?

My DS is a little over 6 weeks old. I bled for three weeks with him. Now all of a sudden, I'm bleeding heavy again. Do I need to call the doctor or is the normal? I am breastfeeding and dr said I shouldn't start until I stop breastfeeding.

pregomamma921

Asked by pregomamma921 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My first i didnt bleed at all but didnt have a period for 10wks. My second i bleed crazy for 3wks and had a normal period after.
    So women bleed for up to 10wks. But if your worried ask yor dr. you should if you haven't already gone for your 6wk check up.
    Anonymous

• For me I bleed for three weeks and than it stopped. I started bleeding heavy again at six week too which was my period. They say that on average you get your period about six weeks after (or six to eight weeks). I know that if you bleed more than three weeks consistently you should call or go in. You could either call or when you go in for you six week check-up you could ask. I had to reschedule my six week check-up because of my period.
    MamaslilAngels2

Answer by MamaslilAngels2 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• wat does DS mean?
    TeenMom17-Mszy

Answer by TeenMom17-Mszy at 8:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• DS=dearest son
    pregomamma921

Answer by pregomamma921 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2008