what are the sytom of kids been allergic to cats.?

hector123

Asked by hector123 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son has a constant stuffy and running nose, watery and itchy eyes, sneezing and even asthma attacks when close to cats.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• red puffy eyes,sneezing,rash

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My husband and son get congested and start sneezing and coughing too.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My son would sneeze, cough, and always develop a cold of somesort
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It can be any of those things, and even swellling. When I was a kid I would have asthma attacks around cats, but I my eyes would swell up so that I could barely see out of them, and my lips would swell....even my tongue....yes, from being around cats. I was rushed to emergency more than once because of a cat.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• possible rash, runny nose, itchy eyes.... just like any other allergies
    m_o_m_m_y

Answer by m_o_m_m_y at 1:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If my 9yo is only vaguely near a cat his eyes get all bloodshot and watering/itchy, his nose gets runny and he starts to cough. If he actually touches a cat or spends a lot of time near one (which is like 15 minutes) then he breaks out in hives all over his face, his eyes swell shut and his lips swell up and turn purple. He is HIGHLY allergic to cats and has to stay away from them and if he plays with kids that have cats he always has to take a benadryl even if he never gets near the cat. Poor kid. He's also allergic to dogs but so far they haven't caused as severe a reaction. Of course every single one of his friends (and just about everyone in this neighborhood) has a dog and/or cat.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It can even be behavioral issues you never had before if you have just introduced a new pet.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010