Anyone else sleep deprived today??

DS cried nonstop from midnight to 4am- finally fell asleep- only to wake up at 8am crying again. I brought him to the Dr. suspecting chicken pox and sure enough that's what it is. They gave him meds and told me Tylenol for fussiness. Hopefully we can all nap today a bit and have a better night. So exhausted! :)

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. Thank you for the chance to rant!!

My 2nd son is 10 weeks old. He's a good sleeper, but usually goes to bed around 11 and wakes up at 6. He eats 1-2 times in that span. My husband sleeps 8-12 hours a night. He has only taken him overnight 3 times. 1 time when I was home the other 2 were girls nights where I was drinking and talking until 4am. So I do get around 6-7 hours of interrupted sleep (which is way more than I got with my 1st son). But every night I get closer and closer to throwing something at his tucked in peaceful sleeping head.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yup....although maybe not as sleep deprived as you :) Poor little guy hope he feels better soon. Here is my night.
    Stayed up until 1am working on something for my hubby (mistake should have gone to bed at 11)
    2:30 - dog wakes me up with his noisy collar jingling and soft barking freaked me out so had to check the house
    3:30 - DD woke up and insisting that her covers were on in the wrong order (she is a tad OCD lol). Told her I was not getting up to fix covers.....meltdown by DD....finally got it figured out by 4.
    4:30 - thought I heard DD crying. Got out of bed to see what was wrong, turned out it was DS1 that was crying (wouldn't have gotten out of bed if I knew it was him he falls back to sleep quickly)
    5:30 - stupid garbage truck!!
    6:00 - alarm goes off to work out......"Oh heck no."
    finally got to sleep until 7:50 when DS2 woke up
    ...lol needless to say I'm dragging today for sure!!
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 12:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I am big time - and I don't even have a baby, my youngest is 3.5 years! Hopefully your LO's bout with chicken pox is mild and short, and you can get some sleep again soon!
    Anonymous

• Yup. All the time. Mine wakes up at least 5 times a night, and he is 7 months old. And I have to get up early to pump breastmilk. I am a ZOMBIE and have been for 7 months.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It's so hard. My son just turned 1 and is still waking up at night too. Numerous times a night. He's still having a hard time tonight with these darn chicken pox and I just know my night is going to be awful. I hope I have the strength to get through!
    Sharell8710

Comment by Sharell8710 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• annabsmommy...Thank you for the laugh! Hope tonight is better.

Sharell - You too mama!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2010