my husband is making me feel like I'm crazy

my husband is the type of guy that is right all the time, no matter if he's wrong. I am a Sagitirius and he is an Aquarius, he is a hard working man, but lately we have not been getting along. He demoralizes me, verbally and mentally abuses me, tells me I'm crazy and need help. we have been married three years together for almost eleven and i have recently had knee surgery and cannot use my left leg for six weeks....i am going stir crazy in the house and cannot drive right now, but he wants me to be more productive, how can i be productive if i cant walk....he blames me for things that i have never done.....he has told me that if i leave, i will leave with nothing....like i came to him..... any words of wisdom?

HELP767

Asked by HELP767 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow! my only words of wisdom are "what a jerk"!

Answer by older at 12:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sorry sweetie, men can be such asses!!!!!! he should be doing things for you now that you are incapacitated, tell him that under the law you are entitled to 50% of what you got!!!!

Answer by older at 12:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My answer to him: "The rest of my life with NOTHING is better than even five more seconds with you. BYE!"

Lawyer up and get the hell out. He's in for a shock.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yea, but he keeps saying that common law doesn't apply to us... i think he's full of shit, i have such a bad picker, my first husband was a gem too...NOT....i feel like i am going crazy, he won't let anyone come and visit me and i have three dogs to take care of, not working right now obviously...but how long can i take this?
    HELP767

Comment by HELP767 (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You're MARRIED. Common law is NOT NEEDED. Marriage gives you 50%, soon as the license is signed, as long as there is no prenuptual agreement saying otherwise. GET THE HELL OUT NOW.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• what a jerk find out what is really bother him
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 2:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• WTF is he talking about? Common law doesn't apply to you guys? If you are legally married, um, then what the courts say does apply. He's got some surprise packages waiting for him, if you were to divorce him that is.
    He's abusing you. Not letting anyone visit you, abuse. Telling you that you are crazy, along with other things, abuse. Mental and emotional abuse. If you have a phone that can record, then record his rants. Or, when someone does get to visit, ask them to bring you a little audio recorder. Record things he says, and play it back to him. Better yet, if you have a video recorder, that would be better.
    IDK, I think if I were you, I'd start making my plans now for leaving. No woman has to put up with that bullshit.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No one can make you feel anyway you dont choose to feel you are the only person that thinks in your mind, so what you are saying is that your self esteem is low and he maintains ur low self esteem, not his problem, yours for he is getting what he wants. youre the fool for allowing any human being or beast to talk to you anykind of way. hes blessed tht he has you because he wouldn't dare speak to me tht way, he is only doing wht you are allowing so i don't blame him, but your low self esteem &willingness to tolerate his behavior. he sounds like a pure prick. I have no idea what it feels like to be in a relationship with a pure arrogant narcisstic AH, for the moment he spoke to me in a manner tht god would not approve, im gone. you need to get some self love & plan a strategy to get the heck out &make a move soon. i would show the disrspectful fool better than I could tell him & you better not dare allow him to lay with u again
    ladyofhonor

Answer by ladyofhonor at 12:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• get well soon then get back to work save$$ then get a lawyer. make him eat his words
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• thank you all for your support....love all you moms out there......
    HELP767

Comment by HELP767 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2010