How many times a day do you feed your 9 mon. old?

I was just wondering how much you moms feed your 9month old a day because I feed my 9 month old son two good meals a day once in the mid morning then dinner Am I feeding him ok or does he need more?

wowiemommy

Asked by wowiemommy at 12:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could up it to three. But ask your doctor to be sure.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 12:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• MY SON AT THAT AGE DIDN'T EAT MUCH BUT MORE LIKE EVERY 3 HOURS
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My baby only got maybe a bite or two of my dinner every night at that age. Solid foods are not supposed to be for nutrition before a year old.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My children were all taking 4-5 8oz bottles per day (32-40 oz total), and having little bites from our plates/bowls and little snacks (cheerios, puffs, etc) at 9 months. No "good meal" - the formula or breast milk is the only good meal they need yet at that age.
    Anonymous

• Remember that breastmilk or formula still comes first. As long as he's getting those FIRST, whatever you give in solids is dandy. Even if it's merely a teaspoon a day. He doesn't NEED the solids; he does need what's in the liquid diet up till the first birthday.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• At 9 months my kids were eating when we did (3 meals/day), because they were eating what we ate. After each meal I would still breastfeed him, and then he got two additional "snacks"day of breastmilk

Answer by missanc at 3:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• you only feed him 2x a day????
    morethanme_you

Answer by morethanme_you at 5:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If you are only feeding him twice, that is not enough. His main nourishment should be formula/breast milk, table foods just for practice.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Dont get me wrong guys between meals he is eating his baby cookies and drinking his bottles
    wowiemommy

Comment by wowiemommy (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Oh well in that case, I bring our son to the table at every meal to eat. Sometimes he does eat, sometimes he throws it on the floor! I just try to include him in our routine. I don't know if that is right or not but that is what works for us!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2010