should i be on bed rest??

I am currently 5 1/2 months pregnant and lately I have been falling down. Just out of the blue in the middle of my activity ill fall, I mean I haven't fainted or passed out I just fall !So far I have managed to not hurt myself or the baby(I think)besides a bruised knee.. My family thinks the Dr. should put me on bed rest and I kinda think so too b/c it could potentially get worse and I could hurt my baby but I don't think that the Dr. will see this and feel the same way! So please give your opinion and advice... Thanks

MIKAKITA

Asked by MIKAKITA at 1:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• what kind of activities?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I can't really say since I'm not a doctor, but I think I would feel better if I was put on bedrest. I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter my knees would get weak all of a sudden and I would start to feel like I was falling. I'm not sure about how normal that is. I think maybe you should talk to your doctor and make sure you make him understand your concern about this.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Talk to the doctor....
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Follow your instincts. Moms know best, for the most part. :}
    PEPPERSHAKER

Answer by PEPPERSHAKER at 1:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Talk to your doctor and explain how many times and how badly that you have fallen.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 1:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I do not know about bed rest cause they mainly do that when farther along and for high blood pressure. I would get checked out. when I was pregent I did not know anything was wrong and iron count was down to 7. I was put in the hosital for blood transfusions. So I tell every one to make sure if you think something is not right keep going or even keep call doctor for advice. The health of you and your baby is more important than anything else.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think that you should be in the doctor office and asking him/her what is going on. Because even with bedrest you have to get up to take care of restroom stuff have the doctor figure out what is going on with you and your baby.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 4:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• that happen to me when i was pregnant i fell so many times and like starting around 4 months 2 it was weird i ended up just trying to lay down when ever i could n getting more rest
    brookesmama0230

Answer by brookesmama0230 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010