How did you get your husband to propose to you?

I am in a 6 yr relationship, 2 kids that are his, living together for maybe 3 or 4 yrs now. I wanna know what can i do to maybe spice up the idea to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I've never told anyone this before.... but my DH proposed to me after accidentally calling me another girls name. ... Does not sound like romance, lol, but we celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary later this month and have 2 great kids.

Are your names on things together like your house or apt lease? Joint bank accts? ... has he really never talked to u about it? I'd just say think of the tax benefits, lol
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• we are on the same bank account, but we live with my mom, he says hes not sure about marriage this is his exact words! "i would like to but i dont know" wtf does that mean?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I didn't get him to do anything. He proposed to me in November 2007 after being together for 8 months. I remember back in July of 2007 or so I traced along his back with my fingertips "When are you going to propose to me?" and he new what I wrote. He just smiled at me and didn't say anything. He did it when HE was ready because he already knew I was ready, but marriage is something you both have to be ready for.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I didn't want to wait on him so I asked him. It is 2010 not 1900 i felt so much has changed over the years. If we have stay at home dads then woman can be the ones to ask! I'm just saying.... good luck
    KLMC

Answer by KLMC at 1:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Wow... that's a rather manipulative idea.

If you want to marry him, why not propose to him?

If you hope to find someone you can manipulate and control, perhaps you could ... I dunno... try becoming the head of a military dictatorship somewhere? Find someone even more screwed up and needy than you?

I would suggest that as long as you're planning on being this clandestine about what you want, you're probably never going to get it. And, if you hope someone is going to pick up any million hints you put out there, instead of saying what you want, you're living in a dreamland that is only going to be more miserable in time.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010