my child is 5 monts old and since 20 days dose not feed at all when he ios awake and feeds quite less while sleeping. he is taking isomil since he has milk allergy.can some one help please.

naira768

Asked by naira768 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he gaining weight? My youngest child did the same thing. I took her to the doctor because it scared me... she ate but I didn't think it was enough. She'd also sleep through when she shoulda been feeding too and you couldn't wake her up... she's fine now, healthy 8 years old... if you can, take him to his doctor just to ease your mind.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Have you discussed this with your child's pediatrician or have you taken him to a pediatric GI? If not, you should, especially if your child is losing weight or failing to gain appropriately. There are a number of physical reasons why your child has poor feeding, including hypotonia, weak suck/swallow, silent reflux, and more.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010