where is everyone from that all these people come across all these people in everyones business?

wow it must be where I live but noone ever have ever approached me about anything anywhere about my child but I read it all the time that this person comes up to this person for bottle feeding and yells at the mom. and a breasfeeding mom gets kicked out of places for breasfeeding. or someone saying they don't like a babies name or the newest is the kid is not straped in their carseat right. where are these people that approach you? I am on the east coast. it baffles me. and i can go on the list is endless.

all people ever say to me is my dd is so cute or she has beautiful eyes. i always have postive feed back from strangers. i even had one lady give her a dollar when we were out to lunch.

just curious.....:)

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 1:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have had people do it here in MN. I went to walmart one day and some lady told me I didn't dress my kids warm enough. It was 50 degrees outside and they were layers with sweats. Another time I was at Target with my 2 yo son sitting in the cart and the lady yelled at us to take him out. I ignored her. I'm the parent I'll handle it. Thank you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Jajaj. That is all I used to get too. Now adays people stick their noses where they donĀ“t need to. I am from Boston.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm in Illinois and I've never had someone approach me but I have gotten dirty looks for nursing in public. It was always an older person (70's+)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm in Ga and no-one has ever made a remark to me. Nor I them. And until someone gets into my business I'll stay out of theirs (if they aren't endangering someone).
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm from Alabama and never had this problem. Maybe it's just a north thing mostly?
    Anonymous

• I strongly suspect that it's pretty rare - much more likely that the majority of us have had very few, if any, experiences with this. It's simply that we hear about it when people broadcast such things in public forums, in an attempt to vent and to raise public ire with phrases like "can you believe ...?"
    I've often had people comment on my daughters blue eyes or curls, or even compliment her on her manners ... but that's mostly the extent of it. Michigan thumb area here.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Some people just feel they need to put their two cents in I guess.
    Anonymous

• I am with you, OP. Honestly, I think half of the stories I read on Cafemom are BS when they're things like "I was giving my daughter a bottle, and some lady came up to me and started lecturing me on how I should be breastfeeding". I have NEVER had anything like that happen, ever and neither has anyone I know. I'm not saying that I haven't run into rude people, but I've never had anyone try to butt in on my parenting. I'm sure it does happen on occasion, but not nearly as often as you'd come to believe if you took everything you read on CM at face value!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I am orginally from new jersey and i live in pa now and mostly in rural area so maybe its just around here but even in jersey i have taken her to the mall and noone doesn;t even pay attention to other peoples children. i know it exaggertation on cm but some of them are a little off the wall so i was just wondering where are these people. vicesix, i remember that lady that posted that. well i hope i never encounter any petty people that will ever question how i raise my child.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• OP, I am NOT in a rural area at all so I'm in contact with many, many people all the time and it's still never happened to me, lol. I think sometimes people embellish their stories quite a bit to either emphasize their point or simply to be drama queens. :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010