What would you do for your daughters birthday?

I also posted this in a journal. My daughter will be 11 in Jan. and we always try to have a great party... but usually noone but our family comes. She gets her feelings hurt and now says that she doesnt want a party this time. I really want to do something special for her.. we are in a very small town with nothing and I have no clue what to do .. .Suggestions would be great! Many blessings!

hubbyvet

Asked by hubbyvet at 1:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Since she doesn't want a party (and that's just fine, children don't need parties every year), why not just take her out for a special day? Have lunch together, do a little shopping, go to a movie, and then out for an ice cream sundae? Find a photo booth while you're out for the day, play some games at an arcade, whatever - it's about making your own fun, and it doesn't have to be huge or expensive.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That does sound great... My mind just blanks.. I am totally clueless lol.. Thanks bunches!
    hubbyvet

Comment by hubbyvet (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• What about taking her to an expensive resturant. We took our daughter (10) to Olive Garden (her father works there so got discount).
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Didnt think of that either.. She loves Olive garden!
    hubbyvet

Comment by hubbyvet (original poster) at 7:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Invite some of her friends from school.
    Babygirl121307

Answer by Babygirl121307 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• How about a spa day for her and her best friend? Nails done pedicure, perhaps hair a movie and lunch or a nice restaurant? My girls loved to be pampered. We did a kids party no adults and went to the local swimming pool. It was an indoor pool and then out to a diner and every one got milk shakes.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Thanks to all for your great advise! I will definately be trying out some of these!! I appreciate it bunches!
    hubbyvet

Comment by hubbyvet (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2010