Canceling christmas for very good cause. What do you think?

I am tired of everything. I have 4 beautiful kids, and my family is all mixed up right now.. Everything around me is either posion, or not healthy behaivor. Not meaning I put my kids in danger because I never would but I should have a role model type of people. Not my kids sayign I would never be like that.. My sister is in a not so nice relationship, my brother is drinking his problems away-or what he thinks he is doing, everyone was bad mouthing my relationship when in realty my man was right. I was so confused and mad at him for being mean but he was not being mean he just wanted the kids to see, grow and learn to be better then that, too want more out of life and not worry about everyone else who is grown up. I interfered with it. I thought I was doing the right thing when all realty, I was not. It is like someone took a brick smacked me and I realized, our place is with our family.

So this year Christmas will be celebrated with my self and the kids... No more of the nonsense, drama. I want my family back.
How could I let all the drama in my life, in my families life. I have to as much as I don't want to let go, and raise my kids with my man.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• You're not cancelling Christmas if you're scaling back to just your nuclear family (momma, daddy (or SD) and the kids). You're just developing your own family traditions.

And if your extended family is that toxic, then maybe that's the best gift you can give yourself AND your kids.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Slightly confused but if you are saying you are canceling Christmas with extended family but still celebrating with your kids, then it sounds just fine.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with just having Christmas with your little family.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You're simply choosing the way you want to celebrate and the people you want to celebrate with, which is perfectly fine.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You're not canceling Christmas... You're canceling getting together with members of your family who, with their destructive behavior, suck all the joy out of the holiday for you and your immediate family. I think that's wisdom...
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 2:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• How is that cancelling Christmas? More people should stage such cancellations!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• And cancelling a FAMILY HOLIDAY isn't allowing the drama to take over your life completely now?

You should at least celebrate with your man and your kids at home.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If it's just going to be you and the kids this Christmas, you're not cancelling Christmas, you're just starting a new tradition.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My mother is toxic- i rarely go to thanksgiving with my side of the family.. my mom knew my son and I were coming this yr since my DH had to work- and she showed up popped up on pills... I think ill be laying low also for christmas.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yeah it is ok to celebrate christmas with just your kids you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010