Periods Late, but Negative EPT

My period was due Monday. The Ept was negative Monday & Tuesday.
I have been off my BC for a month now.. Assuming the BC has messed with my cycle but without the start of my period how will I know when to start my OPK?
-I know the just bc you ovualte doesnt mean youll get your period and just bc you get a period doesnt mean that you will ovulate..
So when do you think I should start the OPK? Day 11 as if my period had come?

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have no faith in OPKs, actually. Pick up a copy of Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart instead. Charting worked in one cycle. The OPK actually MISSED ovulation in the cycle when I got pregnant!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I used an OPK when my son was conceived almost 2 yrs ago. I have OCD & regardless of what the OPK said my DH & I kept busy! ;)
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree. OPKS can be EXTREMELY unreliable! They are a complete waist of money in my opion. When I used them they were off by almost a week!

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart. I've got pregnant first try every time I've charted when TTC.

It's probably the BC that has your cycle of our wack. Start charting cervical mucus to see when you are producing fertile mucus and then have intercourse then.
    Anonymous

• I think that you should give it a few more days and take another PT. Maybe there isn't enough HCG in your urine yet. If still negative I would try waiting a few months and chart your cycle so you know what it is again, since you have just come off BC. I know that it's hard when you want to get pregnant right away, but it might save you a little frustration and discouragement. Once you know your cycle (off of BC) it should be easy to track when you oveulate and conception will be a lot easier. Good luck!
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010