Would you give him a chance? Be honest ladies.

I met this guy while at Starbucks a month ago...we've been texting back and fourth and he's very sweet and he took me on a date Monday night, we went to Panera to eat, went sight seeing around the city then to a little bar, had a few drinks...talked and then he took me home. Well tonight we are having date #2...we are going to a fancy Italian place and then to a movie.

He's a bit older than me, he's gotten himself pretty financially sound, he's a hard worker, sweet heart, he'd give you the shirt off your back if you needed it. He helps take care of his mom, he has a full time job, a bachelor's degree and two cars. (Not trying to sound like a gold digger but it's important to be because I'm looking for someone to settle down with...not just casual dating).

There's only one issue...

He's really not that attractive. I don't mean to sound shallow, I'm not at all. I'm perfectly fine with dating someone that is not "gorgeous" but I'm just wondering...do you think that since his personality is so great and we get along so well, he'll grow on me and I'll start to think he's more attractive for other reasons? Have you ever dated someone you weren't that physically attracted to at first and then grown more attracted?

Let's face it...attraction does matter...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Looks are only skin deep. If he is great and treats you right go for it. Had you rather have a gorgeous boyfriend but him treat you like crap?
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Honestly.. I'm very shallow. I cannot be with an ugly guy no matter what his personality..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes, hun, give him a chance you do like a lot of stuff about him, who knows he might just be the one to sweep you off your feet. Looks are not always everything!

Answer by older at 1:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it's possible for attraction to grow. It doesn't ALWAYS happen, but it not out of the realm of possibility. So, if it were me, I probably would go out with him again unless I was certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would never be physically attracted to him. Just be careful not to let him get too emotionally involved if you think it's not going to work out in the long run. But shoot--go out with him at least once more and see what happens :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• When I met my So I told him we could only be friends because he wasn't my type physically.

We are almost two years in and have a baby together and he IS my type. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yes i dated some that wasnt to good look but i try to fine what he had in side of him and if i would work form there dont give up just yet fine the ender him
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 2:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well there has to be come chemistry between you otherwise it will be hard for you to make love to him. With that being said, you could fall in love with a person for who they are, their character etc. I think over time in a relationship looks only go so far.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think that people can become more attractive because of their personality just like people can become UNattractive because of their personality.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'd give it a chance....some of the nicest guys on earth are certainly not georgeous....I think it is how someone treats you that matters... you may find that you become more attracted to him the more time yuo spend with him!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well, I have dated both men I was totally attracted to, and ones that I thought were not so attractive. I think if the relationship is right, and you guys are really good for eachother, you will begin to notice things about him that attract you to him more, even if it is moreso personality traits, and eventually certain looks. NOW..if you flat out are not at all attracted to him, if his looks just ARE NOT FOR YOU, then I believe it will not work out. I dated a PERFECT guy once, but his looks were just not at all my type, nothing about the way he looked...I couldn't get over it, and had a hard time in an intimate relationship with him, and eventually the relationship ended...I lost the desire to make it work.
    KristeV

Answer by KristeV at 2:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010