Do you pray for the deceased?

If you pray at all...do you pray for the deceased or only the living? Do you find that strange if people do pray for the deceased?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• No. If they are deceased, they don't need prayer.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I don't really pray for anyone - living or dead. I ask the Gods to keep all those in need in their grasp, but rarely get specific. I don't believe that is what prayer is meant for. I use it instead to keep the line of communication open between my Gods & I...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i can see praying for the deceased right after they pass but not if they have been gone awhile. I only pray for the living unless its the first week or so after death and i am jsut missing or thinking of the person praying they are at peace.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I dont pray, but I do talk to the deceased. I'll wish them a happy birthday or whatever. Sounds silly but if i'm "talking to" a loved one it brings me closure
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• "I dont pray, but I do talk to the deceased. I'll wish them a happy birthday or whatever. Sounds silly but if i'm "talking to" a loved one it brings me closure "

Me too:)
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• PRAYER FOR THE DECEASED? Too late.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I don't really pray, as I believe that God doesn't really interfere, because any interference would be contrary to the idea of free will.... ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No I don't pray for the deceased - there's no point, they made their decision while here on earth.

Answer by missanc at 3:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I believe that prayer is timeless and God can use our prayers whenever and however He sees fit. So what if my grandmother is dead, can I still pray for her and know that God will use my prayers at whatever time in her life she needed them.
    I also believe in purgatory, so I pray for the dead in purgatory that they might see Heaven.
    I pray for the dead everyday, and I know what the Saints pray for me.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I pray for the deceased, and I believe they can pray for me.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010