Diaper problem !! adult content

my son is 3 months old and he weighs around 10lbs. after reading countless positive reviews i went with Kirkland Signature™Supreme Diapers (from Costco). having budget issues so price is really good compared to brand name diapers. im using size 1-2 which is for newborns. and the weight limit for these diapers is 15lbs.

now whenever my son poops. it leaks out of his diapers. EVERY TIME !! even when his poop is not runny. whats the point of diapers when i have to wash his soiled clothes every time he poops ?? anyone else having same problems with this brand ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've had that problem with different brands. There are 2 things you can do: Go up a size or switch brands.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Size 1-2 is definitely too small for a 3 month old. Go up a size.

That said, you can solve the poop escape issues AND save money by cloth diapering... have you thought about it? :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I had the same problem with Luv's and so switched to Parents Choice from Wal Mart. Not sure about the price comparison as I don't shop at Costco but it was the second cheapest I could find (second only to the Wal Mart brand).
    HeidiS29

Answer by HeidiS29 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I had that issue with both Luvs and Huggies... We used Parents Choice Diapers and loved them, never had that issue...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I love the kirkland brand, the only time I had issues was when they were to small for my baby.
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 2:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• same problem with luvs and huggies, now am on to pampers! lol also luvs is breaking her little bottom out!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 2:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Definitely time to go up a size. My DD has gone up a size well before she reaches the suggested weight limit on the diapers- I always know it is time after a few wet mornings in a row. Anyway, we also went thru a period where she had a diaper blow out every single day. It lasted about a month or so. It wasn't the diaper or anything else that I could figure out, it was just the way she was pooping or something and it was at about 3 months. It eventually went away but I did a lot of laundry during that month or so. Best of luck, mabye a bigger diaper will help.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We always had to move my kids up a size in diapers even before their weight was at the limit.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• They all do that. Their poop is so soft it is hard to contain. I have tried every diaper, from the cheapest to the most expensive. We still have poop-tastrophes every other day it seems.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My son was wearing size 3 diapers when he was 2months old because of the problem and it doesnt matter about the brand either.
    brayashnatjar

Answer by brayashnatjar at 11:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2010