HI ME AND MY HUSBANDJUST HAD SEXTWO DAYS AGO AND I STATED MY MONTHLY SO COULD I STILL GET PREGNANT SINCE WE HAD SEXTWO AYS GO BEFORE MY PERIOD AND WHEN SHOULD I TAKE A PREGNNCY TEST?

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION IM TRYIN TO GET PREGNANT AND PLUS THE DOCTOR SAID THAT I HAVE TO CYSTS ON MY OVARIES BUT THEY SAID THAT WHEN YOU HAVE A PERIOD IT GOES AWAY CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE I KNOW THEY SAID IT TAKES A WEEK FOR THE EGG TO GO THORUGH THE FLOPPIAN TUBE AND WE HAD SEX TWO DAYS AGO SO GOOD I STILL GET PREGNANT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Take a test when you miss a period.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If you have your period, I don't think you are pregnant. I don't think you have an egg at that time in your cycle. But if it's real light, I guess it could be implantation bleeding? I'm not an expert though.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No. You were too far past ovulation. You can ONLY get pregnant when you've ovulated. At one day before your period, the egg is no longer "good to go"... it's gone.

Please visit tcoyf.com to learn how to chart your cycles.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree that you are too far past ovulation...I would also suggest charting...it's hard to wait and watch your cycle before TTC...but this could save you some disapointment and heartache of getting negative PT's.
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think its usually ten days after you start your period that you start ovulating. They recommend you have sex every other day for that week after the ten days. i would track your periods and there are websites out there to track your ovulation days and when the best time to be active is. Plus you have to remember that not every month an egg falls. I would count ten days from when you started and then for 7 days be active every other day. That may work. Good Luck
    myegoisprego

Answer by myegoisprego at 2:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You were to far past ovulation to have gotten pregnant. You need to learn to chart cervical mucus and BBT to know when your ovulated and confirm that you have done so.
    Anonymous

• Not this time.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i dont think so but dont give up x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• HI THERE EVERY ONE THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK AND HOPE TO KEEP TALKING WITH YOU GUYS AGAIN.
    THAN
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2011