What are some home remedies for a cold sore, I'm miserable

Just looking for some relief

PEPPERSHAKER

Asked by PEPPERSHAKER at 2:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Health

• Try lysine
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Releev is the only thing that ever works for me. I put it on every hour or so and it dries up in two days, if I catch it early. Hope you get some relief soon. Cold sores are the worst!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Abreeva....it's about 15.00 for a little bitty tube, but it kills the germ on the first day and heals really fast if you dab it 2 x a day. If you dab it when you first feel them coming on you can keep it from popping out.
    I have had "horrible" ones for years. I get them just from being in the sun! If I don't remember to put sunscreen on my lips, I get them!
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• a teabag, soak it in hot water first, let it cool and then put it on ur cold sore for awhile, helps cool it. also purfume is ggod for getting rid of it fast, but it will sting alil, but works really good, i always do it when i find a cold sore coming.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 2:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I heard if you put ice directly on your lips when you feel it coming on, it will prevent the painful flare up. I was too lazy to do it and i'm paying the consequences,
    PEPPERSHAKER

Comment by PEPPERSHAKER (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010