Has anyone had external cephalic version for a breech baby?

Im 34 weeks pregnant and my baby is in the breech position. I just wanted to know who has gone through the experince of an ECV. How does it feel, was it worth the discomfort if there was any?

Rileysmommy22

Asked by Rileysmommy22 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry for my ignorance, but is that when they turn the baby?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My daughter was breech. My doctor did not recommend turning her. He said it doesn't always work, and when it does, sometimes the baby turns back. He also said it's very uncomfortable. I ended up with a c-section. It was fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I had discussed it with my doctor, who said he wouldn't do it because I was high risk. My son ended up turning on his own at 38 weeks, so don't start worrying too much. There's still plenty of time for your baby to turn.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• thank you for your comments.
    Rileysmommy22

Comment by Rileysmommy22 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My son was also breech, my doctor said we could do it but there are a ton of complications including the umbilical cord wraping around baby or baby flipping back. Just have the c-section.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Also, something like this can't hurt. http://www.spinningbabies.com/techniques/242-breech-tilt   I was told to try this and place something cold at the bottom of my stomach so the baby would want to move away from it.  I was so big that it was too uncomfortable for me to try for long, but why not give it a shot?

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Oops, cold at the TOP of my stomach. Sorry.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• you could also see a chiropractor almost daily for a while. sometimes the webster technique can open up the pelvis allowing the baby more room to turn.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010