In a world of high tech communication, why are there many lonely people and friendships hard to maintains

I find it so difficult to find women who take time for themselves and share some girl time together.

PEPPERSHAKER

Asked by PEPPERSHAKER at 2:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's BECAUSE of the high tech communication that more people are lonely or incapable of maintaining relationships... People don't leave their homes anymore to meet other people, and it's so much easier to just sit at home in your pj's/underwear/whatever, and pretend to be whatever you want to be. You can't keep up that persona in real life... It's also safer, harder to get hurt. The downside of course is that you don't really get close to people, either. Personally, I think it's sad... Yes, I use e-mail and facebook to stay in touch with friends and family I don't see all that often, but getting together with my best friends and their kids trumps that ANY day!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree with anouck but some of us don't have the luxury of getting out and being with friends and family so we are satisfied with having online relationships. It's better than nothing. I like it better sometimes since I can confide more easily from behind a monitor than face to face.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Anouck, I agree that people are afraid to be themselves and even more afraid to be hurt or rejected, But like you, I need to see, feel and interact, We are social being and community is very healthy for anyone to develop and grow as a pe\rson emotionally, spiritually and mentially,
    PEPPERSHAKER

Comment by PEPPERSHAKER (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010