Anyone get engaged while in high school?

I did thought he was the love of my life 9 after about 9 mo together) he was leaving to goto boot camp for the marines.... we lasted abuot 9 mo after that and he found someone else...6 years later he called out of the blue to try and get back together....NOT

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 2:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I did... And I married him about a year after graduating. We were married for 8 years, but looking back, I know I was way too young.... He was an abusive alcoholic, and the only reason I stayed with him as long as I did was my residual "Catholic guilt".

I'm sure it works for some people, but in general, I don't believe kids in high school are ready to make a commitment like that. You change SO much in your 20's, and even though most 17/18 year olds may think they know everything, they just don't. They're still kids in so many ways. The person you are at 18 is not going to be the same person you'll be in your late 20's, and the person you think is the love of your life at 18 is not going to be the same 10 years later, either...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yea i got engaged in high school. Married before I graduated and then got divorced one year later.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 2:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• One of my good friends did. She also got married right after graduation and they are still married. No one said it would last but 3 kids and 7 years later they are still going strong.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was engaged, married and divorced in high school (no children involved either).

Answer by admckenzie at 2:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well I met my hubby in HS but did not get engaged until I was 21
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I got married in HS and the asshole was such a cheater I left him a lil over 7 years ago (5 years into our relationship 1 1/2 years into the marriage) We had 2 kids together and his mistress has 2 that look nothing like him. He hasn't even divorced me yet saying he doesnt want to marry her go figure.
    Anonymous