My 5 year old is more attached to his dad..Is it wrong to feel left out??

My 5 year old son is more attached to his dad than me.....i often feel left out. He only comes talk to me when i am playing a game. He doesnt say i love you aanymore, lately he has been pulling away. A few nights ago he told me im not a good mom...which is not like him...he told me he will ask his grandma for games or whatever he wants. I asked him what if she doesnt get it for him? he said then he will ask santa clause. Im not sure if it is our living arrangements or what but i see the change in him and i know he loves me but i must say i am jealous, i have to ask for kisses and hugs....it is weird and heartbreaking!!!

Onenamillion

Asked by Onenamillion at 2:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Don't ever doubt for a moment that this little boy loves you, so there is no reason for these feelings, as time goes by he will pull away even more, right now he is bonding with dad which is ok, but I am sure that when he feels bad or is sick, you are the one he looks for. Don't ever feel like you aren't important because YOU are!

Answer by older at 2:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'd have said" I'm sorry you think I'm not a good mom. How can I be a better mom?" Let him communicate his feelings to you so you can figure it all out.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well yeah I was a little jealous of my hubby, but this too shall change.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010