daycare

How do u really feel about daycare?

Runt420

Asked by Runt420 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hate it. He's always sick.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i will avoid it at every cost possible. I have no trust for them what so ever.
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My day care provider is the best! I have no choice but to send my children to daycare, so I am very thankful that I found a good one.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think if you find a good center it can be a great experience. I would never, ever do an at home "daycare" though.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My twins are 31/2 and they love going to daycare, they get to interact with other children their age plus they are in the Pre-K program, so they are learning new things everyday. Its not one of those daycares that park the kids in front of a t.v so its actually nice....
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 2:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have to work, so I didn't have much of a choice, but I absolutely LOVE my son's daycare provider. She runs a small daycare out of her home, so it's just him and two other kids, he loves her to death (calls her "grandma", even), and she loves him. I believe it's important to find somebody you're comfortable with, so do your research beforehand!

Gramsmom, I actually have to disagree with you, I MUCH prefer the smaller, home run daycares over the bigger centers. The kids get more personalized attention, and seem to be sick much less often (because they're exposed to less germs). Home run daycares still need to be licensed.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• after having had a kiddo in both, I prefer centers. More rigid, more rules, cleaner, and always open. no surprise emergency sick days, etc etc or worrying about equality. Kids are all equal in a center, no owners kids trumping.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I really love my daycare provider. We've been with her for 10 years. I consider her part of our family. She is amazing. My children love her. She gives a daily lesson. My daughter read at 4. I can't say enough good things about her. I can go on and on. It's all about finding the right person. Yes, my kids were sick in the beginning, but now they never get sick. They have immune systems of steal!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My DD went to daycare at 7 months- my DH went back to work after a winter layoff and I had to go to physical therapy 3 times a week for my back and could not take her with me so I had to find day care. I chose an at home daycare recommended by coworkers. At first I was very nervous about it, and checked in throughout the day, but eventually I got comfortable with it. I trust her caregiver very much and know that she is loving and affectionate with my DD, and now that she is 2 she also receives good dsicipline and teaching at daycare as well. DD has her little friends and rarely puts up a fuss when I leave. DH is again laid off for the winter but DD still goes to daycare 2 days a week- even though it it pricey we didn't want to take her out because she has a lot of fun, learns a lot, and gets to play with others.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i like licensed home day cares. They get more one on one attention and they are not exposed to bad behavior (biting, attitude, etc) or illnesses.

daycare centers, i would not recommend. my daughter was always sick, always had a runny nose, ear infection left and right, there was a lot of biting and hitting. plus it's way too expensive.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 5:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2010