• In the Spotlight:

4 yo watching Harry Potter movies

my daughter has been asking to watch HP... but i dunno if it'd be too scary for her. she's sat thru a little of it with me in the 3rd movie but i'm afraid she'd have nightmares. any of ur kids have problems with watching it? how did you cope?

Ambreelulu

Asked by Ambreelulu at 8:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Entertainment

• My dd was five when we had a HP movie marathon one night..the only one I think might be a little too scary/dark for kids is the Order of the Phoenix..but other than that I think they are great movies...and good for kids...my daughter is six now and loves Goblet of Fire..she can't wait til she can read better so she can read the books.
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 10:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My 5 year old likes the first one but the other ones are a little serious and I haven't let him watch them yet. I'd say try the first one and see how it goes from there.
    luv.2b.mommy

Answer by luv.2b.mommy at 8:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my 3 year old has watched all five of them, and she's not scared. if she sees any movie advertized, she "that's harry potter!" She loves them!
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 11:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My 2yr old woke up and snuck in on my and dh while we were watching Slither. Thats a particularly gory horrer movie. She got mad when we turned it off!!! To see what she would do we let her finish watching it with us and she loved it!! She a little horrer movie buff just like her parents!! lol Every kid is different, you won't know how they'll react until you try.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 2:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008