Did you know Kirk Cameron lost his faith in atheism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrTK_WUiCo

Do you think atheism is intellectual? Many do, and because they want to be seen as "intellectual" they place their faith blindly into whatever some teacher or scientist tells them.

If you claim to be an atheist, don't just parrot what you hear some other atheist say. Strive to have intellectual integrity by doing your own investigation.

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 2:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• i still like him
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 2:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm sorry, I see what you are trying to say, but that may be the stupidest video I have ever watched and I wish I could have those minutes back. Atheists maintain their integrity by constantly questioning and researching. We support, conduct and promote research and knowledge in every aspect of life. We enjoy being informed and making rational decisions. If you have religion in your life and you enjoy and and are fulfilled by it, great. The rest of us think it's silly and don't fully understand your illogical devotion, but we do respect you and want you to be happy. All we ask is that you wish the same for us.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 2:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• WHat the heck?
    I agree with Sabrina
    I believe there is a God....but the Bible is really a collection of fiction. As an educated person who has been to college and someone who can think for myself, I resent the accusation that I "follow " or "parrot" anyone. That is what a Christian does...they parrot a bunch of stories such as Adam and Eve being real....haha...and claim that the people who wrote the Bible heard it from God. They follow others. Afraid that of they don't, God will send a bolt of lightning and zap them for questioning him and Jesus.Ha.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I had a crush on him when I was a teen.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Calling someones religious devotion- "illogical" and a video that you may disagree with- "the stupidest", doesn't sound very respectful. Just saying.

If you truly wanted us to be "happy" you'd quit assaulting one of the holiest days of the year for us. It's a two-way street. That's all.

wreath

SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

It's hypocrisy at its finest!! You can't disagree with them, but they are allowed to insult us and call us nasty names til the cows come home.
    Anonymous

• Religious devotion is illogical by it's very nature. Me saying that does not make it any less real to you, that I fully believe. I think the video is stupid, that's my opinion, sorry if you think that's disrespectful. Keep in mind that I haven't called you stupid, that would be disrespectful. How have I personally assaulted YOUR--and a lot of other people, but NOT everyone's--holiest day? I participate in the holidays, love Christmas songs and belong to large Catholic as well as Jewish (in laws) families. The more Christians learn to be respectful and recognize that there are other beliefs/non-beliefs, the less they will encounter people drawing lines in the sand.

SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I never quote another atheist without crediting them. My ideas are my own. I repeat them because some of the moms on this website seem to be pretty THICK and often don't get it the first time. Or the second, or the tenth, or...well, you know. I get those opinions from what I can see and prove and research or experience myself. Through a logical route that ultimately leads towards the truth. Can you follow your own advice? Can you express an opinion WITHOUT quoting a bible verse or the koran or some christian preacher?? Can you put aside what your religion believes and say what YOU believe?? Blind faith and intellectualism aren't compatible. Just because christians do it doesn't mean that atheists do it. You're anthro-morphosizing I think. And, like christians who SAY they're christians when they aren't, there are "atheists" who SAY they're atheist, when they never were.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• There are plenty of people out in the world who will believe anything coming from their religion, the government, or their 3rd cousin without ever questioning why. I have little doubt some atheists have done just the same.

Maybe it's in our human nature to want to trust in something/someone so strongly, or to fit in with others that this is so common.

Thankfully a lot of us do start to question authority, else the world would be a very different place.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Oh okay... I don't even need to watch the video to realize that I'm stupid for not believing what everyone tells me.

Oh but wait.... doesn't that make you just as dumb as me? Because you're a Christian.

That's how this game works right? Oh crud! I forgot!

I'm an ADULT! I don't need to try to degrade you to make myself feel or look better.

I don't have to research anything because I'm not looking for an answer. That's what I have to say to this.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010