Help?!?!

My daughter is 11 months old, and she HAS to have a bottle to be able to fall asleep. Today she went to see her nutrtionist and they told me to put everything in her sippy cup. Well i tried to do that today but she wouldnt go to sleep with it. She did nothing but cry.
So should i just let cry it out until she falls asleep or just gradually try to take her off the bottle??

hayliesmommy20

Asked by hayliesmommy20 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was like that too. I just gave her a sippy when she was awake and eatting and when it was bed time i gave her a bottle and i did that till she was used to her sippy and then i took the bottle away. it took about a month. I also let her pick her own sippy and that helped some too.
    brayashnatjar

Answer by brayashnatjar at 11:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• sorry im in the same boat u are but if u find something that works let me know!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• She's only 11 months old! Let the poor thing keep her bottle... start working on it around 18 months or when she seems ready.

Medical advice is just that, advice. You don't HAVE to follow it.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I still give my son a bottle before bed too and he is just about 11 months old now. They are still babies and if they want the comfort of a bottle to go to sleep, what's the big deal? I started introducing him to the sippy cup early last month (water inside). He was just playing with it and examining it, until about 2 weeks ago when he started drinking out of it on his own. He's not at teh point yet where I can take the bottle away, but its a start. Maybe try the sippy cup at mealtimes so you can have the best of both worlds for now.
    tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Ignore the people saying let her cry. I can't do that either. I find it cruel and it teaches baby to be scared of sleep. Do what your instincts tell you. She isn't even a year old. A bottle at night isn't the end of the world.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 6:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I would put less and less in it over a couple of weeks so she starts to self soothe herself more and more to settle down. I couldn't take it away cold turkey.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• lol i will, i just hate to heat her cry
    hayliesmommy20

Comment by hayliesmommy20 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• let her cry it wont her just give the bottle to her at night of a lil while longer it wont hurt anything them ppl are not always right only a mother nos whats best for her child in my opinion i do what i thinks best for them
    Runt420

Answer by Runt420 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• jus take it away...she will cry...my son was addicted to a pacifer and wouldnt go to sleep without it...it wasnt until we lost it and refused to buy another did we wean him...it was hell, he cried, cried, cried!!!!! finally go to sleep just to wake up crying at 3 in the morning, like a newborn but way louder!!!! you jus have to take it awys..out of sight out of mind...she will get use to the sippy cup it will jus take time.
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 2:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I am not sure on this one. I never put my daughter to sleep with a bottle. I did use a binky though. Maybe try a pacifier to replace the bottle or try for a few days of letting them cry a little bit. It will take a few days to break any routine but once they learn they can sleep without it then its normal routine again. my daughter took a while to sleep without a pacifier but after a few days of not having it and just taking longer to go to sleep she was fine with out it. Good luck.
    myegoisprego

Answer by myegoisprego at 2:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010