Would you opt to have a c-section if you were perfectly healthy?

I mean let's say just for convenience only?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No,had mine natural believe it is the best way.babies arent a convenience
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 2:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• A C-section should only be for the babies benefit, and if it's the safest option for the Mother. So NO, I wouldn't opt for a c-section. I had 3 great pregnancies, and 3 healthy babies, and had them all natural. A c-section never entered my mind, as a matter of fact I wanted to have them natural because I didn't want any medicine, etc to get in my babies system, or mine. A c-section has recovery time, a lot more pain, a scar, and it shouldn't be out of convenience, only necessity.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Noway!!!! I have had 4 kids and my last baby had to be taken emergency c-section. That was the most painful and LONG healing process! I would never choose that willingly.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• NEVER ever ever. I've had 2.... one emergency and one "planned". never again. I'll take the rupture risks. there is nothing convenient about it, whatsoever. hellish pain, a forever scar, ughhhhh
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I had to have one for my second, she was breech. I chose to have one for my third so I could get a tubal. For me it was much easier than giving birth.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No way! I've done it both ways, and recovering from a c-section is not convenient.

My cousin had a c-section after a failed induction, and she told me she'd definitely choose a c-section again because she thinks it is easier...of course she had her mom and husband waiting on her for nearly two months after her baby was born, so maybe for her it was easier.
    Anonymous

• No way. Recovery from vaginal birth was enough for me, I don't want to recover from major surgery while trying to care for and bond with a newborn- not to mention the risks for infection and complications. Plus, I can barely stomach watching them on tv with the pulling- it makes me cringe just thinking about it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I never had a choice.  In England doctor's will only perform a c-section if it is absolutely necessary.  For me, it wasn't necessary but if I did have the choice I wouldn't have one if I didn't need one.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No way. A c-section is major surgery.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No never
    If I could still get pregant I would rather have the baby natural The only way I would be ok with a c-section ,is if it was an emergency and had to be done to save my unborn childs life or mine but mostly my unborn child.
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 5:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010