kicking loud or screaming kids out of stores and eating places

i feel this is wrong im sorry i have an angel at home but a devil outside we try to keep him from screaming when we are out but hell his three years old his still learning lol..........but i read @ the doctors office today that their trying to pass that if a kid is at walmart or applebees or (anywhere like that) and starts to be loud that they can tell you to leave HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS i feel America is losing its freedom more and more everyday

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 2:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Absolutely. This isn't about government taking freedoms, this is about business owners having the right to remove disruptive customers from their establishments.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• YES I FEEL THAT WAY TOO...WHAT IF A KID IS LOUD WITH JOY...LAUGHING!!! THEN YOUR FAMILY HAS TO LEAVE?? THATS CRAZY....kids will be kids so what will you do...stay at home...WTH
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 2:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No one person (or family) should be allowed to interfere with everyone else's enjoyment and experience. I totally support the businesses who choose to exercise the right to remove customers for this reason.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 2:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• They have the right to ask belligerent drunks to leave, rude customers to leave, etc....why not families with unruly children. I've pushed my buggy up to an employee full of stuff, told them I had to leave, and removed my unruly child and myself from the store. Same in a restaurant, I've had my husband box up my meal while I sat in the car with the unruly child. Its is one of the best ways to teach a child to behave because they want to stay, they want to know what they did.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I doubt this will pass as a law. What if the child is special needs? Screams discrimination, doesn't it (if law passes)?
    HeatheranninSP

Answer by HeatheranninSP at 3:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm all for it!

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• What about the freedom of the people that are in those public places spending money trying to enjoy an evening out to eat and then there is a kid next to them screaming? There are two sides to the "freedom" thing. I can see where there would be a problem determining what is too much screaming or how loud one has to be but if you think about it even as adults we are required to behave to a certain degree when we are out in public. And it is my understanding that even now any business owner can tell a customer to leave. I have worked in a restaurant (very expensive) and the owner would tell people to leave if their children were disruptive to the other guests.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It's about acceptable behavior - nothing discriminatory about it. Society sets rule regarding what it find acceptable all the time.

I completely support the rights of business owners!
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 3:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• The bottom line is 'freedoms' don't come in to play when you are inside a private business. They can ask anyone to leave for any reason they choose. It isn't a public place. A park is a public place. A sidewalk is a public place. I wish all restaurant owners and managers should ask anyone to leave that is being over the top disruptive. 2 night ago my husband and I got out to dinner alone for the first time in ages. The family 4 tables over had 3 kids and they were jumping, running and screaming. We couldn't even hear our own conversation when speaking in a normal voice. We asked to be moved but there was nothing out of earshot. We changed our order to go and left. I don't care whether it is old people arguing, little kids, loud mouth women, smart alack kids...doesn't matter..if you are being disruptive to the majority of patrons surrounding you you should be asked to leave.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• "Freedom" does not mean behaving in ways deemed unacceptable. I can't smoke in church, I can't have sex in a grocery store, and I can't run naked through the police station - and yet I have Freedom.
    Freedom does include a responsibility to behave as society finds acceptable. And it is NOT acceptable to allow children to be disruptive in public places. If you want to allow your child to behave any way you see fit, you absolutely have the freedom to stay home.
    No one is saying a child shouldn't laugh and play at a playground - however, they shouldn't be climbing the furniture or screaming in dining establishments. And if their parents would teach them that, then society wouldn't have to step in and do it for them.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 3:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010