One Nation Under God?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTiev2D_jV4&feature=player_embedded

Atheists are doing all they can to deny us the liberties we have to worship God in public. Will we let them?

wreath

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 2:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I'm an atheist, and I have no issues with you or anybody else worshipping whatever god you desire, AS LONG as it doesn't impose on MY freedom not to. Kids are allowed to pray and/or read the bible in public schools, just not during teaching hours. How would you like it if your kid was forced to read the Quoran, for example? You wouldn't like that, would you? Same reason I don't want my kid to be forced to read the bible. Seriously, you're not being denied any liberties, you just don't want others to have the SAME liberties, is all...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• – collapse
    Nope, freedom of religion is fine but this country was founded by Christians. Thats why it says "One Nation Under God"!
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Don't mean to offend anyone, but I say NEVER! Nobody can deny me and my children our regilion and our God.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 2:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Please explain just exactly how you are losing ANY of your liberties?

BTW- did you realize that the line "one nation, under god" was actually added in 1954? lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Nope, not founded by Christians either, sorry...

http://www.borndigital.com/founders.htm

Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Our founders we Deist, not christian. *sigh*

This is going to turn into History 101 very quickly.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• LMMFAO @ OP!!! You're going to run out of downvotes very quickly on just me and Anouck.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Wow that is a sad situation to be living in...I'm from México, and the freedom to worship and manifest our religious side is one we have not lost, our faith is what helps most of us live through each day knowing we did our best and looking forward to another day, definitely our faith is what has kept our sanity and our families together through these very tough economic times...in these moments of intolerance, maybe worship in the privacy of your home, temple or even your heart would be good to keep the soul free from all the negativity that we breath out there...best wishes for these coming festivities
    AleUro

Answer by AleUro at 3:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Indeed, because downvoting answers based on fact instead of misguided indignation will prove you're right...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I ran out of down votes around noon, it's not me.

Maybe you have a Fan Club............? I'm guessing not.

sidesplittinglaughter

SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2010