GOP says it'll block bills until tax cuts extended

For those of you who say Republicans are crooked liars...... It's still early but this is a good start to proving themselves.

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's still early but this is a good start to proving themselves.

They are in great need of proving themselves.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Not surprised. The GOP will GET NOTHING DONE in the next 2 years. Way to Go Republicants!!
    Anonymous

• The GOP will GET NOTHING DONE

At this point nothing is better than something
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yup, they're proving EXACTLY who they're looking out for.... Their rich buddies. Way to go Republicans indeed. Obstructionism is obviously the way to go!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• They are not looking out for their rich buddies. They are looking our for all of us. If those tax cuts expire, all of us will be hurting.

Hold your ground, GOP. Don't let the Dems mess around with this nonsensical stuff. Make them get down to business.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• There has NEVER been a question about extending the tax cuts for the middle class, the ONLY thing in question is the tax cuts for the top 2%... Don't deceive yourself, it IS about kissing their rich buddies' asses.

Personally, I say let ALL the tax cuts expire. It was never meant to be a permanent cut anyway.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Anouck Dems have the wool pulled over your eyes. They don't want anyone to have the tax cuts but don't want to come across bad to voters. So they are counting on Repubs not voting to extend them unless all tax payers keep their tax break. Dems will be the reason we all pay more they want everyone to pay more so they can continue spending.
    Anonymous

• Haha, that's cute... Like I said, I'd rather they don't extend ANY of the tax cuts than do what they want.... So how exactly has the wool been pulled over my eyes? Unlike the Republicans, I'm not selfish. The tax cuts were meant to be temporary, and in fact, have proven to be completely ineffective. The money gained by not extending these tax cuts is sorely needed, and could be more useful elsewhere. So unlike you, I don't really care about just "me me me".... Novel concept, I know.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• How does this preclude them from being crooked liars?

I don't think they are anyways but i am not sure how this "who has bigger balls" game makes anyone look good.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Haha, that's cute... Like I said, I'd rather they don't extend ANY of the tax cuts than do what they want.... So how exactly has the wool been pulled over my eyes? Unlike the Republicans, I'm not selfish. The tax cuts were meant to be temporary, and in fact, have proven to be completely ineffective. The money gained by not extending these tax cuts is sorely needed, and could be more useful elsewhere. So unlike you, I don't really care about just "me me me".... Novel concept, I know

Just because someone wants to be able to decide how their money is spent doesn't make them selfish. If you want to give more to the Government you could have easily sent extra every year. I know a few people who actually do that none of them are Democrats.lol Anouck you never shut up about yourself it is comical you would write what you did.l
    Anonymous