Who didn't see this coming?

Obama: No offshore drilling in East Coast waters

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw it coming. I thought Obama getting elected president was the worst thing in the world that could have happened to our Country.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 3:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• So it is okay for the west coast then? LOL> I would really like to see our use of oil diminished to 0. So I am all for natural energy and electricity.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Oh gee ... there's a surprise.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I didn't see it coming, didn't think Obama had the balls to stand up to big oil. Good for him, I fully support this decision.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Oh yes, no doubt, this is a big surpriseā€¦ you know I'm kidding, it's just more of the same...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We don't need another disaster like the BP oil spill.
    We need alternative energy sources.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Kerp, Sure we need other forms of energy but there are none as plentiful right now. There will be Russians and Koreans and several other countries drilling out there so you would rather they blow up a rig and then sit there and watch them clean it up hoping it is up to our standards? The U.S. is the most regulated when it comes to drilling for oil and you would prefer to have the Foreigners drill in our waters? Not only that, you are taking away a source of energy that we HAVE to have and will have to have for years to come. It's ok if jobs are lost and prices rise just to please the worry warts and eco nuts. There is NO other source of energy right now as available as oil.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• So, he said he would pursue making us independent and get us off foreign oil. We use oil. That is a fact. We will not be using other energy sources any time soon, so who is looking after us and the high prices of gas? They are so concerned about the Polar Bear, the scenery from the beach houses, and ..... who is looking after the people of this country?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Hemp could easily be a viable and plentiful alternative if we could get over the reefer madness.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have a lot of catching up to do, don't I? I'm kind of back after this horrid week of my father's untimely demise on Thanksgiving so I'll have to catch up with the news.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010