S/O on ZLV ... Do you think that all ZLVs ...

... vote for liberals so that they can have entitlements given to them?

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No. A good friend of mine is a ZLV and hates it though she needs and uses the money that she receives. She votes republican. She is working very hard to not be a ZLV and accepts no other form of government aid. So, they do exist, but I suspect they are rare.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No.

I vote for conservatives.
    Evidently the libs in government think I'm incapable of feeding my family on what we make and the conservatives think I have no voter liability.

Right now, as far as I'm concerned, both sides can go screw themselves.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic"--Benjamin Franklin.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No. I actually think the ZLV segment, while has the potential and ability to vote- I think they are the largest group of non consistent voters.jmo. I think, generally, they are less concerned with outcomes. Generally-Less concerned about politics. I think if they contributed in a more fair tax system they would take a greater interest in holding our government accountable.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• This reminds me of my inlaws. SILs are both ZLV. I'm a republican. I attempted to talk about politics once with them, I got OMG your a republican WTF..WHY??? I said why are you a democrat? Because they are for the poor man. That was her response, verbatim. Alrighty, how so? I got a deer in the headlights stare.
    But on the other side of the coin, the first couple yrs. me and dh were married we were low income. I still voted republican.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I work with low income people and many do vote for Dems because they are afraid to lose the social entitlements they do get now. It is very difficult to get some of them out of that mentality they can't do things for themselves. Very sad to see so many people who are smart and could make it on their own resign themselves to live a life where everyone else has to take care of them.
    Anonymous

• they are interested in how much money they get from the IRS at tax time, and if they vote based on that issue alone

~I think one could argue from the 1950's on~ there has been a growing Mindset in America for this type of entitlement approach to some American voters.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No. I vote Dem and always have because I agree with the party platform more than I agree with the Rep platform. When I made good money and paid lots in taxes I still supported the Dems. I don't make voting decisions based on entitlement programs. I have yet to meet anyone who has and have only seen clips of a few losers who expected Obama to pay their bills.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• There is a difference in someone who doesn't pay in and someone who does and still gets money back. Many people don't have enough taken out of their check so they get money back at tax time. We do it that way so we have money in savings to pay our $2400 medical deductible.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Right, because the ONLY reason to vote Democrat is because you want free money, right? Seriously, how ridiculous.

***

It's no surprise that DEMOCRATIC candidates promise to "take care of" their constituents--by protecting and expanding entitlement programs, and making the "wealthy" and successful business owners out to be evil--you know the ones who HIRE people and make the world go 'round?!

Whereas Republican candidates promise to make it easier to work, start/grow a business, save/invest your money with the best possible return on your investments, and work towards being financially successful! In other words, Republicans ENCOURAGE people to be their own success story!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010