My 2Year old is the youngest out of 4, yet is the hardest to potty train. Any ideas to make her intrested?

I have tried the reward game, and the racing her to the potty first game as well.

sevierra3

Asked by sevierra3 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it is very hard to teach a child to potty train if they are not interested. I am sure you know this, there are very few things she can control and this is one of them. Maybe back off a little and don't try to hard. Ask her if she has to go and if she doesn't don't force her. May take her shopping for underwear and letting her try it out. If she has an accident maybe let her sit in it for a little while.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Maybe take a break and start fresh in a few weeks. She may just not be ready yet, or if she's strong-willed she may have decided this is something she can control. When you feel ready to try again put her in underwear and have her help with clean up and taking any wet undies to the laundry room. When she has accidents say something like, "Oh man, that must feel yucky," and when she has success say something like, "Wow, that's really cool. You're such a big girl. I knew you could do it!"
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I swore this said 27 year old at first lol
    We had Caleb run around in his underwear. . .& a reward chart. He didn't want to get his pants wet so he wanted to go. .he got a star for every time he peed. ..we had a basket full of cheap toys (he loves car so we did hot wheels) every time he got so many stars he got to pick out a prize.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Two things that worked for me were acting like I didnt know what to do or where to go and asked my son for help I made a game of it sitting on top of the toilet seat first with pants up and asking like this eventually letting him instruct me how do do it right. He thought this was so funny and he seemed to take to it better after. I also let him go to the store and pick out his own special underwear. hope this helps.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 3:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010