What is the easiest way to make a custom t-shirt at home?

I go all out for my kid's birthday parties and this year my son turns 2. We are doing a construction party. I wanted to make t-shirts for him his sister myself his dad and his grandparents that say DEMOLITION CREW. I just dont know where to start. Please someone any ideas?

MoylanMommie2

Asked by MoylanMommie2 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Iron-ons work well. Buy a two-sided fusible interfacing and the sky's the limit as to what you can do.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Both are great options and work really well!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If you have Paint Shop you can make a png file on there and then upload it to cafepress.com for them to print it out.
    Anonymous

• Easiest and cheapest way would be to buy the tube of fabric paint in the color you want from walmart, and the t-shirts in the sizes, and then just paint on the letters you want. I buy t-shirts and paints and let my son fingerpaint on them. They make great gifts, and he has several of his own he wears regularly. I love them!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Thanks for all the great tips! Ill keep you posted on my success!
    MoylanMommie2

Comment by MoylanMommie2 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sharpie markers work well too! Less messy then the fabric paint which will also take longer to dry. Wash the shirts in cold water inside out!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010