why cant i find a job i work in the nures fields

i have been out of work for about 10 month then i get this job and anets that are to fine work for me but do they call me no am i to ugly or to old or is there something that there not tell me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Because the job market sucks, fewer nurses are retiring.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I honestly don't mean this to be bitchy, but your spelling and grammar are pretty bad in this post...is your resume a bit more professional? If not, that could be part of it.
    I agree with ballewal though that the job market is tough for almost everyone right now, nurses included.
    Good luck to you.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Because a decade-plus ago when I was in college, there was a nurses shortage, so nurses were earning sometimes up to $18/hour right out of college. They did this to entice new people to the field. Fast forward to the present. There no longer is a nurses shortage. Now there's competition for open positions.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I hate when people always think working in a hospital is the answer key to everything. I use to work in a hospital and it's not the bee's knee's. While having any job is good I hate the perception that it is the cure all to your problems.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 4:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I kinda feel this will be the same thing when i finish medical assiting. That because of the economy and flux of people rushing to do it by time I am done there will be nothing left.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 4:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If you work as a CNA, a CMA or anything BUT a nurse, you're a dime a dozen. There are literally thousands competing for low level jobs,and CNA and CMA is about as low as you can get, unless you try dietary aide or housekeeping.

In other words, no nursing license= no job.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 7:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• A nurse that can't find work is too picky--it's out there. It's not the shift, the hours, or the days you want, or you may have to drive an hour, but it's there. It might be a nursing home (some nurses are too picky to work them) but it's a job---
    I have never been unemployed. I never will be--I'm confident that if something happened to my job tomorow that I would have one within a week. Might have to be night shift, might even have to drive 45 miles to work--but I'd have one.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 7:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010