what do you think about people who choose not to vaccinate there kids?

tisha642000

Asked by tisha642000 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Health

• I think they have a perfect right not to. Vaccinating your children can actually CAUSE some of these diseases that they might not otherwise catch, and I believe that Autism is actually the result of a physical reaction in some children to certain toddler-age vaccinations. You should read the book, "Vaccinatons: Deception and Tragedy" by Michael Dye. In this book you will read the findings of medical doctors and researchers who tell us that vaccinations are not only unsafe, but they actually work against our God-given immune system.
    KiraJenLove

Answer by KiraJenLove at 8:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Personally I think its a parents choice but I feel that vaccinations were made for a reason and I will get all my kids vacinated.
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I feel it's comparable to people that say they do not want to fly on a plane because there might be a crash. Of course bad things happen, but it's not common. Hopefully they choose to do so based on their own research and not through anyone else's opinion.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the person above me... too many illnesses could be prevented with vaccinations. A lot of women don't vaccinate because of other people's uneducated opinions & that really ticks me off. I'm OK w/ people who choose not to do it, but only if they have REAL reasons.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I don't agree with it. But it's not my place to make choices for others' kids. Mine are vaccinated.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 7:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I agree w/ kirajenlove. I don't vaccinate and have done my research. Read The Vaccine Book written by Dr. Sears. It will tell you the ingredients in the vaccines, how likely you are to contract the illness that these vaccines supposively protect you against, etc. It was very informative. I believe that one day it will be discovered that vaccines really do, do more harm than good. But to each your own. It is a personal decision to make for each individual family.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I think that it is the parents choice. I had both of my children vacniated and now my youngest one is autistic. So, if I were to have another child I would have a hard time making the decsion. I think it is one of the toughtest chioces a parent has to make and I would support either way they choose.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My cousin chooses not to vaccinate and she has TWO autistic sons. Vaccinations are not the only cause of it. My mother is disabled by Post Polio Syndrome.She contracted Polio at 5 yrs old and spent weeks in an iron lung and almost died. Sometimes she wishes she had due to the crippled body she now lives in. Keep it real.
    Anonymous

• Autism is genetic. Anybody can write a book invoking fear.
    Spend enough time going to school and never getting a job can get you a Ph.D in bullshit, too.
    Because it was written in a book doesn't mean it's true.
    Polio, small pox, measles, mumps, and rubella are real and active viruses that are extremely contagious. My sister-in-law didn't vaccinate her children and I think she's crazy. Along with this sort of decision making are thoughts like, "Sun block causes skin cancer."(she read it in the doctor's office magazine) "So I'll put my baby in the stroller and walk around Tucson mid day summer time and the sun burn will strengthen his immune system."
    Shots are FREE in most counties for a reason. It's not a conspiracy to dumb down, or weaken the human race in order to fill the doctors pockets.
    got2bugs

Answer by got2bugs at 9:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I think it is completely a parent's choice. Before having my son I was very anti-vax and continued to be until past his first birthday. I mostly felt that way because I am not vaccinated and thought, "Well, I'm fine! and so is everyone else in my family that isn't vaxed!" However, after dealing with rotavirus and having a friend whose son nearly died from whooping cough...I began doing more research. And although I completely have no problem with those who choose not to vax, because I was one of them!, I now vaccinate my son on a delayed and selective schedule.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2008