my mom said I should stop having kids and just be fine with what I have...

At the end of my pregnancy my placenta gets hard and the baby stops growing. I have two wonderful children and expecting our third any day now. MY mother informed me today that I should just get my tubes tied cause having kids so close in age is a bad thing. This is coming from a women who has 9 kid and 6 of whom ran away from home. Anyways She said that I need to focus on the kids I have and that the more I have I wont be able to handel them and that they will end up without a mother if I continue. That if I have more children I will die and no one will take care of the kids..

Well some background:
I am married husband works full time with a really good job.
I am a SAHM and take care of my children and I never ask her for help, I would rather go to my friends before I go to her.
husand and I provide everything for our children

I told my mom that we will continue to have children until we feel that our family is complete. What would you tell your mother if she said this to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• "Mom, if this coming from concern, I appreciate that, but we will know when we are finished."
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm guessing she's worried about your health and you are taking it personally. I'd just say, "thanks for your concern, mom, but this is a decision for DH and I to make."
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree with Zoey, however, your mother had 9 children, and learned the hard way I'm sure that she could not, for whatever reason, take care of them all. Maybe she's just trying to save you from the problems she had with you and your siblings. Good luck to you and your family!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• not mom's beeswax...just sayin; ;-) You do what's right for you...not mom
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 3:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Maybe she is just thinking about your health and the health of any future babies
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I would tell my mom it's none of her business, but looking at it objectively it sounds like she's afraid that you might not live through another pregnancy or that you might repeat her mistakes.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 3:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm not sure the words I would say are fit for all to see here. She is entitled to her opinion but that is all it is...HER OPINION. It has no bearing on what you and your family are going to do or what is best. If a doctor tells you you shouldn't have more children due to the health risks to them or you then fine. But what your mom said is just words and nothing more.

I would likely ask her to respect the wishes of you and your husband and keep her "opinions" regarding your decisions to herself on this topic now that she knows what you both think.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• if the doctor tells u that having kids might kill you i would say stop but its your life and if u have a big heart and can give your kids all the love they need then do what you tell her to butt out its your life and it seems to me that you two are not close so dont mind her ok do what makes you and ur family happy
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 3:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• She can take care of them all. MY dad and mom work really good jobs my mom doesn't have to work but chooses too. They look out only for themselves. FOr my sisters 10th birthday she made her own cake cause my mom was too tired.. The only problem them have is keeping there priorites together family before fun. As for my health its great just at the very end of pregnancy my placenta is hard. They don't know why it happens it just gets that way but my babies are always fine when they arrive.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• The doctor said that I am fine having children. After my first was born his placenta was hard and my mom chimmed it (" wel guess your only having one kid cause your body can't carry more. " my doctor told her that I am perfectly healthy to have as many as we seen fit.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010